On Thursday, Nov. 14 the Latin Recording Academy celebrated its 20th annual Latin Grammy ceremony where Rosalia took home five awards.Â The night was full of performances featuringÂ Bad Bunny, Ozuna, Juanes, Ricky Martin and many more. What happenedÂ behind the scenes?Â See below eight things you didnâ€™t see on TV.Â Â
1. While in the press room, Bad Bunny took advantage of the moment to let everyone know about his position in regards to the issue between urban artists and theÂ Latin Academy. Â â€œUrban music hasÂ been around for two decades, and by now itâ€™s aÂ worldwide culture,â€ he said. Benito Martinez also confessed what he was drinking when won Best Urban Album…Â it was lemon tea! El conejo malo is sick and is doing as much as possible to get better.
2. During her interview with Billboard on theÂ Latin Grammys red carpet, Rosalia confessed thatÂ the performances she wanted to see most were Bad Bunny and Alejandro Sanz.
3. An hour into the show, the media room exploded in protests when organizers attempted to turn down the volume of the television precisely when Vicente Fernandez took the stage. â€œThis is a historic moment,â€ said one journalist. â€œIt was a mistake,â€ acknowledged the organizer, to spontaneous applause (and, we should say, it takes a lot to get this room to burst into applause). Fernandez performed as part of a medley alongside son Alejandro Fernandez and grandson Alex Fernandez.
4.Â Anitta and Cardi Bâ€™s collab coming soon.Â The Brazilian artist told Billboard that she already worked on their song and it’s loaded withÂ Brazilian sounds.Â Anitta said she’sÂ in love with Cardi’s personality.
5. Intocable announced in the most impromptu fashion that they are now an indie band after a stint with Universal Music Latin.Â â€œAs an indie band this award is especially important,â€ said lead singer Ricky MuÃ±oz backstage with the groupâ€™s trophy for Best NorteÃ±o Album (for PercepciÃ³n). â€œWhen you have a label, you have more access,â€ added MuÃ±oz. â€œBut [for us] indie is better. The hardest thing is to have a fan base, and ours keeps showing up.â€
6. Best new artist nominee Paulo Londra was very excited because he was visiting Las Vegas for the first time.Â When Billboard asked him which performance he was dying to see, he said Bad Bunny.Â By the way, he dreams to collab with the Puerto Rican trap singer.
7.Â In the media room, Colombian artist Juanes gave his reaction to theÂ surprise moment he had on stage with Metallicaâ€™s Lars Ulrich.Â â€œI met Metallica in Guadalajara in a MTV event. Iâ€™veÂ always been aÂ fan and I couldnâ€™t believe it,â€ he said.
8.Â The most mentioned executive of the night? Sonyâ€™s CEO Afo Verde heard his name mentioned in acceptance speeches by a handful of acts, including Draco Rosa, Kany GarcÃa and Pedro CapÃ³.